Statcounter

Monday, August 1, 2011

Warrior Silhouettes - Round 1

Here is a first round of silhouettes depicting a "Warrior" character from a short story I'm developing. I decided to finally sit down and write a little to help me get a better grasp on some ideas I've been collecting for a long time. I find that the more I know about the setting, history, personality and mindset of a character I want to create the more easily the ideas flow!

It's always hard to grab a pen/pencil and say "I want to draw a "____" type character". There is just too much potential in an ambiguous thought like that. I'm often left staring at a blank page! When a few basic constraints are applied, however, and you start answering questions about your character the ideas begin the generate themselves:
Where does the character live? 
Is his/her environment hostile/inviting/surreal? 
Does he/she have a history/motive? 
Etc.

In the end...
CONTEXT BEGETS CONCEPTS!
-----

No comments:

Post a Comment